Natural Beauties of Lakes

In my opinion, lakes are truly the most beautiful aspect of nature. First of all, there is absolutely nothing to fear in a lake! The water is calm and pleasant, making it very easy to cruise along the water in a paddle board. Additionally, I am terrified of sharks, so I constantly think about getting bitten when riding waves in the ocean. However, in a lake, the most to fear are little fish and an occasional eel. Also, the ocean is extremely unpredictable, for several rolling waves pass by, and then out of nowhere, a crashing monsoon cradles over me. The strength of the ocean and the fact that it can pull me out to sea in a riptide is a frightening thought, so it is nice to just relax in a lake while still experiencing the chilling water. The lake is simply a better environment for a person like me.

Next, a lake provides the benefit of water skiing, wake boarding, or tubing! While all of these are possible in an ocean, the ocean is a little more unpredictable and sometimes dangerous. These joyous activities on the lake result in lasting memories, for I will never forget all of my incredible adventures on Lake Tahoe and Lake Powell. I still remember my veins pulsing with adrenaline as the boat lifted me out of the water and I swiftly glided along the water on a wake board, wishing I could never fall. The lake even provides perfect rocks to jump off of, yet another thrill! Overall, even though a lake might not have large waves, there are plenty of other ways to make the experience just as exciting!

Finally, I associate lakes with incredible times, for I had my Bat Mitzvah at Lake Tahoe. Fortunately, my entire family could accompany me at this memorable occasion! Before hand, I took a quick dip in the sadly shallow lake given the drought, along with some GoPro photos! Then, right on the gorgeous, glistening water, I lead my Bat Mitzvah ceremony, with the most perfect backdrop in my midst. Then, bright and early the next morning, I woke up and participated in some fun-filled activities, including tubing, water skiing, and wake boarding. I could not have chosen a more perfect place to have my Bat Mitzvah, given that I love lakes! That trip to Lake Tahoe would surely be one I will never forget!

IMG_0123FullSizeRender

Both of these images I took in Lake Tahoe. The first image on the left was my first trip to the North shore, whereas the other photo was over this summer on the South shore.

Attaches are two links about Lake Tahoe and Lake Powell, which I briefly mentioned.

http://www.visitinglaketahoe.com/

http://www.lakepowell.com/